Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Karyn's Raw Cafe

Yesterday Sara & I decided to educate ourselves a little better by going to Karyn's Raw Cafe.  I will have to admit the place was awfully scary.  It was like going into a vegetarian restaurant without the smell of incense & B.O.  It was very overwhelming but we did get some good ideas as to what to make, things we would need to incorporate into our foods choices etc.  The stuff there was very expensive so unless I get a very large raise I will not be able to do this for very long.  We decided to purchase a recipe book, 2 bags of raw chips, one sweet potato which is NOT recommended & the other was a bag of Kale Chips which were tasty.  We also got a coconut cracker which was tasty that Sara ate & I got a blueberry cracker.  The blueberry cracker was pretty tasty, it was chock full of dehydrated blueberries & I can't figure out what the cracker was made of but it definitely had flax seeds in it.  I finished the night with a large salad with a lot of veggies.  On to day 3!



I came into work this morning to about 5 or 6 recipes which look pretty promising & I had a few emails form some friends on articles to read along with how to eat properly.  We shall see what happens in the next few weeks. 

Either way, I am aware that this is day 3 however all I want to do is eat a hot meal.  I don't care anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment